This page gives hints on how to generate the electronic band structure related topics with the ABINIT package.
The eigenenergies along a set of segments can be computed (non-self-consistent calculations iscf=-2) using a negative value of kptopt, with kptbounds defining the end points of the segments, and ndivsm (or ndivk) defining the sampling. Choice of output unit in the main output file is governed by enunit.
A band structure can even be represented using weights proportional to the orbital content (so-called “Fat Bands”), in case of PAW calculation, see pawfatbnd, and related variables.
The band structure from a supercell calculation can be unfolded to the (large) Brillouin zone of the (small) primitive cell thanks to the fold2bloch help file post-processor. See the related topic_Unfolding.
Different plotting postprocessors exist to produce graphical representations of electronic band structures from ABINIT. The most powerful is based on topic_Abipy. Simpler tools also exist, and can be found in ~abinit/scripts/post_processing, e.g. AbinitBandStructureMaker.py, plot_bandstructure.py or abinit_eignc_to_bandstructure.py.
Related Input Variables¶
- iscf Integer for Self-Consistent-Field cycles
- kptbounds K PoinT BOUNDarieS
- kptopt KPoinTs OPTion
- ndivsm Number of DIVisions for the SMallest segment
- einterp Electron bands INTERPolation
- enunit ENergy UNITs
- iatsph Index for the ATomic SPHeres of the atom-projected density-of-states
- natsph Number of ATomic SPHeres for the atom-projected density-of-states
- ndivk Number of DIVisions of K lines
- pawfatbnd PAW: print band structure in the FAT-BaND representation
- ratsph Radii of the ATomic SPHere(s)
Selected Input Files¶